According to Russian legislation (Federal law ⌠On the activities of attorneys-at-law and the Bar of the
In accordance with the current legislation the right of the Bar members are ensured by the immunity from interference of law enforcement and other governmental bodies; by the obligation of any officials to answer the inquiries of attorneys-at-law and submit them the documents necessary for their professional activities; by the ability of attorneys-at-law to collect and present evidence on the case, to question persons who are believed to have any information relevant to the case.
Art. 2 of the Federal law ⌠On the activities of attorneys-at-law and the Bar of the
- to represent the client▓s interests in the
- to participate as the client▓s representative in civil and administrative court proceedings;
- to participate as the client▓s representative or defender in criminal court proceedings and in the proceedings on cases of administrative offence;
- to participate as the client▓s representative in arbitration proceedings, international, commercial arbitration (court) and other bodies for settling disputes;
- to represent the client▓s interests in government bodies, local authorities, public association and other organizations;
- to represent the client▓s interests in government bodies, courts and law enforcement bodies of foreign states, international courts, non-state bodies of foreign states, if it is not stipulated otherwise by the legislation of foreign states, the statute of international judicial bodies and other international organizations or by international treaties of the Russian Federation;
- to participate as the client▓s representative in execution proceedings as well as in execution of punishment under criminal law;
- to act as the client▓s representative in tax legal relations;
- to consult on legal matters in oral and written form;
- to draft applications, complaints, claims and other documents of legal nature;
- to provide other legal assistance, not prohibited by law.